- Pour 1 ¼ cups of milk or milk substitute into a small saucepan. (My personal favorites, for best flavor, are hemp or macadamia nut milk).
- Add ½ – 1 tsp. of Golden Milk powder.
- Add 1 tsp. of coconut oil or ghee.
- Optionally add ½ tsp. of either Ojas Rasayana, Shatavari, or Ashwagandha and a little Cardamom powder.
- Heat for a minute or two until almost reaching a boil. Stir well. Pour into a favorite mug and enjoy!
If you want you may also put above ingredients into the blender and “bullet” it. This will make the consistency more frothy like a latte. Golden Milk is even more delicious with a little sweetener. Agave, maple, cane sugar or honey are all nice options. If adding honey please don’t add to scalding hot liquid. Wait till it’s cool enough to drink. This assures that the important enzymes in the raw honey are not damaged.